DISCLAIMER

The articles written on this blog are based on my personal analysis. The securities target prices are for information only and is not an offer to buy or sell. The reliance on these recommendations are not guaranteed as they are based on my personal assessment as a Financial Analyst. My analysis is based on Business TV Channels, Business/ Financial websites, and from Finance books. All views that I presented are to the best of my knowledge and I invest in Stock Market with this analysis in mind. While the information contained herein is from sources believed reliable, I do not represent that it is accurate or complete and should not be relied upon as such. Opinions expressed may be revised at any time.





Thursday, February 17, 2011

RAYMOND DAVIS ISSUE: COULD BE DANGEROUS FOR MARKET

Even though I consider myself a fundamental investor and usually don't get into panic or confusion on small political issues but I think the issue of Raymond Davis is not that "small". Pakistani Government is facing a dilemma, if they let go Raymond then they have the face the strong demonstrations and protests from opposition parties especially religious parties. Media off course will take the side of opposition as well and if they do not let go Raymond then their relationship with their biggest donor (who are also supporting stock market since they are leading the market for six months or so) might go to jeopardy. I guess the implications of any decision of government are very uncertain but unpleasant for sure. On a long term basis, satisfying America either through a release of Raymond or convincing them to face the court might be a better option. I think it will not be possible for market to appreciate under these conditions so investors should invest with caution at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers